Dear Park City football families!
Welcome to our 2018 season! My name is Betsy Wright and I am the Board Treasurer. I am writing on behalf of the entire Board of Directors to answer some questions that you may have as the season gets underway.
1) Which team am I on? For the first day of practice, you should show up to practice based on your age group unless you have arranged something different with one of the coaches. Throughout the first week of practices, coaches will be working with kids and, if necessary, make a mutual decision (coach, parent, player) if the player should move to a different group. A child's age is calculated by how old he is on July 1st. These are the groups:
- Bantam (13-14 years old)
- Grid Iron (12 years old)
- Mity Mite (11 years old)
- Pee Wee (10 years old)
- Gremlin (9 years old)
- Scout (7-8 years old)
2) When/where is practice? Practices start on Monday, July 23rd. Practices will be held at Matt Knoop, Jeremy Ranch School or Ecker Middle School so please take note. Practices are organized by age group. For the first few weeks before school starts, practices are M, Tu, W and Th for 1.5 hours. Each coach will communicate with all registered players before July 23rd to let them know the schedule for the 1st week. At this point you should expect that practice will start at 6:30pm.
3) What to wear to practice? Kids should come to practice on Day 1 with t-shirt, shorts, cleats and plenty of water. Coaches will let kids know when they will need pads, but probably the 3rd day of practice. Please see separate posting about the REVISED equipment handout dates.
4) Making the team? ALL kids will make a team. If there are enough players for more than one team in an age group, coaches will split the teams in early August (~Aug 3rd).
5) Who is my coach? Tim Chesley, VP of Coaches, is working with the coaches and making adjustments as the final player registrations come in. You will hear from your age group coach by July 22nd to let you know about your practice time on the 23rd. If you have any other questions about your coach, please contact Tim at email@example.com.
We are excited for the start of the 2018 season. Go Miners!!!
Objectives of the Park City District shall be the following:
A. To build healthy bodies and minds.
B. To develop skill and proficiency in football and related activities.
C. To teach concepts of teamwork, sportsmanship, loyalty, honesty and pride.
D. To stimulate community interest in sports.
E. To have fun.
F. To do all of these things with the welfare of the youngsters first and foremost, without adult ambition for personal glory.
4th of July Parade
All of our teams had a stellar showing this season!! 8 out of the 9 made it to the Championship Game
Bantam A, GridIron A & B came home with the Championship trophy!!!
Looking forward to an awesome 2018!!! Season.
If your child is interested in playing youth football, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a link to make a donation to a fund that has been set up for Shawn's children.
Friday nights are for PCHS Football!!!
If you are looking for a great strength and conditioning program for your player(s) this summer, check out MOVE Park City!! This is a great program designed for kids and coached by knowledgeable and excellent coaches. Check it out the flyer below!
Scholarships are available!! Please fill out the application AND email Meredith Cervantes email@example.com if you would like to apply. Please put PCUC Football in the subject line.
Volunteer Requirements have changed this year, please read!!
Every family is required to provide 8 hours of volunteer time to receive the $150 volunteer reimbursement. Volunteer opportunities will be posted under the Dibs Tab and that is where you will sign up and keep track of your hours. If you are not signed up, you WILL NOT receive credit.
Please read the list of volunteer opportunities below for some have changed!!
Team Manager (This position fills all 8 hours) If you are interested in being Team Manager please contact Betsy Wright firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Photographer (This position fills all 8 hours)
Team Videographer (This position fills all 8 hours)
Equipment Handout & Return
Chain Gang is back!!
No news currently found.
|Park City Youth Football Conference|